$590.00 - Your Home or Office
NDIS Power Me Up Course: 2 day National ONLINE LIVE Training Course
For Participants and Families, led by Sam Paior of The Growing Space
This course is for anyone with an NDIS Plan or their plan Nominee, family or carer. We welcome and will accommodate all disability types, but suggest that those with intellectual disability wait for our course targeted just for you (coming in August!) This current course also does not have a strong emphasis on psychosocial disability as that is currently outside of my area of expertise, though most of it will be useful and applicable, it may not meet your needs as skillfully as I’d like.
Topic 1: What does the law tell us? (or “I am told so many different, conflicting things! – What’s the truth!?”)
Topic 2: What is Reasonable & Necessary and Can I Buy It? And the difference between the two!
Topic 3: Plan Basics and Reviews – making the most of reviews, figuring out and giving yourself the best chance at getting what you need
Topic 4: Managing Providers – how to find and manage the supports and services you want and need to meet your goals
Topic 5: Innovation – Wild ways to uncover your goals and use your funding for awesome outcomes
Topic 6: Self Management – making it work for you – tips and tricks for those considering or have already chosen Self Management
Q and A’s – there will be time throughout the two days to ask those burning questions, so start writing them down!
WHAT: This course offers a rocket launch of information to help participants and families understand and make the most of the NDIS
WHO: Places are strictly limited to 20 people. Only those already with an NDIS plan should attend, as it assumes you have a plan. This course will likely not be helpful for those with no NDIS understanding.
WHERE: Online via Zoom – link and details will be sent (very easy way to videoconference – you will need a webcam and microphone – most laptops have both, or you can use an iPad/tablet or even phone)
WHEN: Wednesday 16th September – Thursday 17th September, 9:30am-2:30pm
COST: Cost is $590 (and no GST for those claiming from their NDIS Plans). Includes Checklists etc. This training course can be claimed from Core or capacity building support categories for Self or Plan Managed Participants (check with your Plan Manager before you commit!)
NOTE CAREFULLY – NO places are held/confirmed until payment is received. For bookings made within seven days of course start, only credit card payments made as you book will be accepted. No BSB accepted within 7 days of course start, and if unpaid at that time, booking will be automatically cancelled to allow others to join.
KEY PRESENTER: Sam Paior – Sam is Mum to two NDIS participants and leads a team of 17 Support Coordinators and Specialist Support Coordinators, manages a Facebook page packed with the latest NDIS information that gets more than 200,000 views in a month and has deep insight into the NDIS as a member of the NDIA’s Self Management Reference Group for the IAC, and is a board member of Disability Intermediaries Australia – the peak representative body for Support Coordinators and Plan Managers across Australia. You can find out more about Sam at https://www.thegrowingspace.com.au/who-are-we/ and listen to her talk about innovation and the NDIS at https://www.disabilityservicesconsulting.com.au/podcast-ep9
ACCESS: Please make sure you let us know early of accessibility needs
Feedback from the June Power Me Up course
– I’m in shock. Had my son’s review meeting four days after your course – his funding is now tripled!!!! I feel like finally I know what I need to do to get my son what he needs! thank you
– I feel so empowered now. I can’t believe all the ideas I learned. I’ve been his Mum for 27 years and thought I understood, but I just learnt so much.
– I’m telling everyone I know who has a NDIS plan to do this. Everyone.
– I loved the videos too and being able to share some stories without it becoming overwhelmed. You kept the room in good order. Thanks.
– I can’t wait to start doing some of this.
– I’m going to look at using my SDA funds to buy my own home now – Thank you!
– That law section was just amazing – now I know where I stand and won’t let the LAC or planner trample on my rights again!
– Alot to take in – might need to do it again. Great presentation style and information – not even a second of boring.