1,094.50 - Your Home or Office
Support Coordination 3 day National ONLINE LIVE Training Course
The Growing Space believe that Support Coordination is the key to all the awesome goodness, inclusion and potential that the NDIS has to offer.
We also believe that poor or misinformed Support Coordination can destroy that potential in a flash. Coordinators have great power to help people with disability and their loved ones to live good, ordinary, and extraordinary lives and our course will help coordinators understand the flexibility of the scheme, the ways to make it work, and the requirements, limitations, responsibilities and potential of the role. This course will not teach you how to case manage or be a social worker – but it will show you how to successfully apply those skills you already have in an NDIS operating environment.
Previously this course has been held over two days, but feedback has consistently asked for more time, and this newly revamped course with extra materials now includes some extra time to understand and learn how to deliver great housing and employment outcomes for participants.
This course is for people already working with disability service organisations (or independently) that are providing or looking to provide Support Coordination services under the NDIS. While support coordinators who are already working in this role will gain from the training, it is more targeted at those new to role, or considering starting the role.
This intensive three-day course will cover the following topics:
– Navigating and informing – helping participants and nominees to navigate the system and informing them of their rights, responsibilities and choices
– Planning and guidance – helping participants and nominees to explore what’s possible and formulating ideas into action
– Researching and connecting – helping participants and nominees to know what’s available and connecting people to resources locally and in a way that supports inclusion. This includes connecting with peers.
– Facilitating and coordinating – supporting participants and nominees to explore and develop connections and supports that support them to live their lives
– Coaching and coordination – supporting participants and nominees to grow, develop and explore
– Advocacy, negotiation and mediation – assisting participants and nominees to be and remain in control and secure the right supports to live their life
– Technical advice – offering a range of advice and guidance relating to directing their own supports including employment advice and systemic advice
– Reflecting and developing – helping participants and nominees to reflect on what’s working and what needs to change going forward
Topics covered include – legislation, reviews, EHO (Housing options), employment, onboarding, price guide and catalogue, and plenty of time for questions.
WHAT: This course offers an intense focus on building capacity through innovative planning and supports – this is an approach that invests in participants to act autonomously and be able to grow and develop.
WHO: Places are strictly limited to 20 people. This course assumes you have some knowledge and understanding of the NDIS as either a participant, or current provider familiar with NDIS plans. This course will likely not be helpful for those with no NDIS understanding.
WHERE: Online via Zoom – link and details will be sent (very easy way to videoconference – you will need a webcam and microphone – most laptops have both, or you can use an iPad/tablet or even phone)
WHEN: Wednesday 2nd June, Wednesday 9th June, Wednesday 16th June, 9:00am-4:00pm
COST: Cost is $995 plus GST, and includes a small mountain of resources, and guides.
For bookings made within seven days of course start, only credit card payments made as you book will be accepted. No BSB accepted within 7 days of course start. For NDIS Participants and Nominees who self manage, around 80% of the course is *not* “business” related and could be claimed from Self Managed NDIS plans and Plan Managed Plans if you have a good Plan Manager (ask your PM before signing up to check they will reimburse). This course can often be claimed from one of the lines below, and this information is included in your invoice.
Self-Management Capacity Building – 01_134_0117_8_1 (Core)
Community, Social and Recreational Activities – 04_210_0125_6_1 (Core)
Capacity Building and Training in Plan and Financial Management by a Support Coordinator – 07_003_0117_8_3 (CB)
Training For Carers/Parents – 15_038_0117_1_3 (CB)
KEY PRESENTER: Sam Paior – Sam leads a team of 17 Support Coordinators and Specialist Support Coordinators, manages a Facebook page packed with the latest NDIS information that garners more than 200,000 views each month and has deep insight into the NDIS as a member of the NDIA’s Self Management Reference Group for the IAC, and is a board member of Disability Intermediaries Australia – the peak representative body for Support Coordinators and Plan Managers across Australia. You can find out more about Sam at https://www.thegrowingspace.com.au/who-are-we/ and listen to her talk about innovation and the NDIS at https://www.disabilityservicesconsulting.com.au/podcast-ep9
Please make sure you let us know early of accessibility needs
Feedback from the June SC Course:
– I loved the course and can’t stop thinking about it.
– 3 days of big picture thinking is intense to digest.
– The pragmatic approach Sam took to go through the end to end process re Support Coordination it gave a brilliant first hand account on what/how and why we could do things, which was great for me!
– I loved the documents provided, and a thorough understanding of what good Support Coordination looks like.
– The whole lot was great! The Framework, Governance and Legislation – section was really interesting and helped put everything into context. The detailed look at what the job actually entails (and what it doesn’t) and the suggestions for the first meeting and beyond and all the resources that went with it was invaluable.
– Lots of discussion and practical examples
– The pre reading was very interesting and definitely helped me get more out of the training.
– It was a huge amount of information to take in but having the slides available beforehand so I could print them off and take notes really helped.
“Your innovation and ideas are amazing – I would have loved to have this perspective when I was an LAC”
“Insightful and helpful content. Great Q&A time!”
|really appreciated the industry knowledge and practicality of the content delivered”
“I have taken on so much, I will now be so much better in my role”
“It will save you far more than the registration fee in lost research time”
“I recommend all coordinators (and LACS and planner) definitely attend. Alot of info, fast paced, hold on to your hat!”
“Absolutely brilliant. I’ve been providing Coordination of Support for two years but I learnt many hints and tips, with brilliant resources and a very engaging presenter”
“It’s like a Cert IV in Support Co-ordination except in two days, not 16 weeks – you will be surprised by how much you don’t know”
“Very informative and a great space to seek clarification and support around supporting the people we do effectively”
“Wonderfully run. Clear. Articulate and entertaining. Compassionate, knowledgeable, engaging facilitator. Heaps of info. NO TIME WASTED. Well paced.”
“I don’t think this could be improved. A wonderful overview of all key items – beyond what I even considered I needed to know about”